First off, I just want to say thank you to the many emails I’ve been receiving from the steady viewership here at thebusinessofu.com. I am flattered and excited that you have taken the time to reach out to me.
With that said, I’ve noticed that every time I write a post on the topic of real estate investing, I receive 15-20 emails asking me to recommend a few books on the topic. As such, I’ve taken the liberty to review my personal library and I am posting the content below.
But first, I’d like to mention that over the past few years, learning about investing has also by default increased my understanding of personal finance and self-development. I’m not totally sure as to why this is the case.
What I can say is that learning about real estate and personal finance has caused me to reflect on my core beliefs concerning money and success.
I came to a point where I realized that if I was going to be truly successful at creating wealth, I needed to change my mentality and become a different (better) person. Looking back over the past few years, I would have to say that of all the transactions I’ve made, real estate has been approximately 30 percent technical and 70 percent mental.
For your viewing pleasure ☺, I’ve broken up my list into two sections – one regarding real estate investing and the other on personal development.
Real Estate Investing
- Millionaire Real Estate Investor - Gary Keller
- Secrets of a Millionaire Real Estate Investor – Shemin
- Secrets of a Millionaire Landlord - Shemin
- Two Years to 2 million – Matt Martinez (check out my interview with him – here)
- The Beginner’s Guide to Real Estate Investing – Gary Eldred
- How I Turned $1,000 into Three Million in Real Estate in My Spare Time – William Nickerson
- What Every Real Estate Investor Needs to Know About Cash Flow – Frank Gallinelli
- Insider Secrets to Financing Your Real Estate Investments - Frank Gallinelli
- Equity Happens – Robert Helms
- Confessions of a Real Estate Entrepreneur – Randel
- How You Can Become Financially Independent Investing in Real Estate – Lowry
- The Unofficial Guide to Real Estate Investing – Spencer Strauss
Note: I’ve read 30+ books on the topic of real estate, but this selection represents the higher quality content I’ve reviewed and what I feel comfortable recommending to pros and newbies alike.
- Rich Dad, Poor Dad - Robert Kiyosaki
- Maximum Achievement – Tracy
- The Greatest Secret - Earl Nightingale
- The Magic of Thinking Big – David Schwartz
- Multiple Streams of Income – Allen
- The Millionaire Next Door - Stanley
- Think and Grow Rich – Hill
- The Four Hour Work Week - Ferriss
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People – Covey
- Change Your Thinking, Change Your Life – Tracy
- The Unfair Advantage – Kiyosaki
- Develop The Leader Within you - Maxwell
- Linchpin – Godin
I could keep going, but I’ll stop there. I hope this selection provides a solid starting point for people looking to develop a stronger foundation for their real estate investing career.
Please feel free to shed some light if you recommend any other books to our audience … enjoy!